Join our team!
Behaviour+ is always looking for talented Behaviour Therapists and Allied Health Professionals. If you are passionate about working with children and want to belong in a team that delivers high quality services then Behaviour+ is the right home for you.
Credentials and Experience
All members of our team are required to have a NDIS Worker Screening Check as a condition of employment. Additionally, you will need to be in the possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle.
Please find the following requirements for each discipline:
Behaviour Specialists / Senior Behaviour Specialists
To be a Behaviour Specialist/Senior Behaviour Specialist at Behaviour+ you are required to have a degree or be currently studying a degree in Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) or Positive Behaviour Support (PBS). You will also have experience working with children in a behavioural therapy framework.
To be employed as a Junior Therapist at Behaviour+ you are required to have completed a Registered Behaviour Technician (RBT) course in Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) or be currently studying an Allied Health degree (e.g. Occupational Therapy or Speech Pathology). Of course, it helps to have some experience working with children in some kind of capacity as well.
Allied Health Professionals
At Behaviour+ we train all of our Allied Health Professionals to a minimum Registered Behaviour Technician (RBT) level in Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA). So, it is important that you love learning! If you are a new graduate and know that working with children is what you want to do with your life, then we encourage you to apply also. Naturally, experience working with children can also be an advantage.
Our Occupational Therapists must have completed their formal tertiary education and training, and be a registered member with Australia Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
Our Speech Pathologists must have completed their formal tertiary education and training, and be a registered member with Speech Pathology Australia (SPA).
Our Registered Psychologists must have completed their formal tertiary education and training, and be a registered member with Australia Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). Additionally, Behaviour+ also employs Provisional Psychologists as well. However, you must eligible for, or already have your Provisional Registration with AHPRA. All Psychologists will also have completed the Registered Behaviour Technician (RBT) course in Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) or have experience working with children and be willing to complete your RBT course.
If you have the required qualifications and experience listed above and want to join an organisation that is an industry leader then come and join our team today!
BEHAVIOUR SPECIALIST/PROGRAM SUPERVISOR
Behaviour+ is seeking a Behaviour expert to join our friendly and diverse team.
Now is the time to take the next step in your career to achieve the career progression that you have been seeking!
We are one of Sydney’s premiere behavioural intervention services who deliver high-quality services focused on person-centred and family-focused interventions. We deliver two evidence-based modalities of Behaviour Support – Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) and Positive Behaviour Support (PBS). We utilise play based therapy to assist children and their families to achieve goals in a fun and engaging manner.
We are a NDIS registered not-for-profit organisation that specialises in working with children aged 0-16 with additional needs specialising in working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. We support children and their families to participate meaningfully in their home and community. Our individualised approach means we provide different levels of support, varying from basic to intensive, depending on the child’s needs.
If you love team-work, learning and sharing with peers, and are interested in developing a varied skillset, then Behaviour+ is the place for you. You will be joining a team of Behaviour Specialists, Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Pathologists and Counsellors.
Applicants can expect:
- Training and learning and development opportunities.
- ABA supervision from a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA) if required.
- To be working alongside a passionate and dedicated team.
- To work for an organisation that prides itself in providing high quality services based on evidence-based practices.
- The opportunity to make positive changes in the lives of children and young people with disabilities and their families.
- Rostered days off (RDO).
- Leave on your birthday.
- A competitive salary based on experience.
- Salary packaging options.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Secure employment.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver individually tailored behaviour support therapy programs.
- Maintain and adapt each participant’s program according to their ongoing needs.
- Apply evidence-based therapy that is data-driven, and driven by clinical decision-making rationale.
- Provide parent training and consultation to families and key stakeholders to implement strategies that support the development and achievement of family goals.
- Develop meaningful goals and practical strategies to support the families.
- Implement Functional Behaviour Assessments (FBA’s).
- Develop Behaviour Support Plans (BSP’s).
- Develop Individual Skill Development Plans.
- Work in collaboration with the client’s stakeholders including educators, allied health professionals, and the wider community.
- Engage in regular clinical supervision with the ABi team as required.
- Provide training and supervision to Junior Therapists.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications and relevant experience in one of the following areas – Behaviour Support, Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, Special Education or Early Childhood Education.
- Registration with relevant professional body (e.g. AHPRA, SPA, BACB).
- Explicit knowledge of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) or Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) principles.
- A minimum of 3 years experience delivering behaviour support services.
- A minimum of 12 months experience designing and supervising the implementation of therapy programs utilsing Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) or Positive Behaviour Support (PBS).
- Valid Australian Drivers License.
- Willingness to travel in a designated area in Sydney.
- Current NSW Police Check.
- Current Working with Children Check (WWCC).
- NDIS Worker Check.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and disability industry.
- Sound knowledge and experience working with children with various levels of support needs (e.g. children who are non-verbal, or who demonstrate behaviours of concern).
- Be considered a proficient level practitioner as per the Positive Behaviour Support Capability Framework.
- Dedicated team of Behaviour & Allied health professionals
- Attractive salary + full salary sacrificing benefits
- Supportive team environment