How can Occupational Therapy help my child?
Our interventions target areas such as:
- Daily living skills – Washing, dressing, toileting and feeding.
- Fine motor skills – Finger and thumb isolation, in-hand manipulation, hand-eye coordination and tool use.
- Gross motor skills – Balance, muscle tone, core/postural stability, bilateral coordination, midline crossing and motor planning.
- Handwriting – Pencil grip, letter formation, written expression.
- Play skills – Imaginary play, constructive play, interpersonal (playing with others) and intrapersonal (independent play).
- Social skills – Verbal and non-verbal communication such as gestures, eye contact, facial expression and body language.
- School readiness – Table top tasks, transitions between activities, classroom behaviours, task completion, following instructions and craft skills.
- Self-organisation – Daily planning, sequencing tasks and time management.
- Sensory processing – Self-regulation, attention and concentration.
- Visual perception – Processing and interpreting visual information (the brain’s ability to make sense of what we see), which are necessary skills needed for reading and writing.
Where are the Occupational Therapy services delivered?
Behaviour+ delivers Occupational Therapy services in a variety of environments to suit your family’s and child’s needs. This means that we focus on the environment where the skills would be most beneficial.
We deliver services at the following locations:
- Behaviour+ Centres
- The community (e.g parks and shopping centres)
We can even offer services in two different places such as school and the home, if skill generalisation becomes appropriate or there are varied goals. For instance, if your child has learnt a particular skill in the centre then we can also go to the home or school to ensure that the child is able to use the skill in a different environment.
How much do the Occupational Therapy services cost?
For NDIS services, Behaviour+ charge as per the NDIS Price Guide. During the Initial Assessment our team will discuss your goals, individual circumstances and personal preferences. We then provide options around service delivery, and you have the final say of how that looks. The Behaviour+ team will then create a Schedule of Supports which is a detailed report of the services you will receive. Our aim is to ensure that your budget will be utilised in the most effective way to achieve your goals. To learn more about the NDIS Price Guide view https://www.ndis.gov.au/providers/price-guides-and-pricing
For any further information regarding Private Fee for Service fees, Medicare and Private Health funds refer to the Funding Factsheet.
How do I access Occupational Therapy Services at Behaviour+?
To access services at Behaviour+, please visit our Registration page. Alternatively, you can call our friendly Receptionist on (02) 9569 7700 and they can answer any questions as well as email the Registration Pack.
Once you have been registered for our services, we book in an Initial Assessment to discuss your needs and conduct an assessment. If you have any questions throughout this process our friendly Behaviour+ team is happy to answer them.